Procedures for family/friends/partners concerned about an overdue trip.

 Members/family/partners or nominated persons concerned about a trip being overdue should firstly discuss this with a Club Officer when they feel that the trip is delayed. Refer to the list of Club Officers on the back of the newsletter and on the club website. Club Officers know where to obtain copies of the Trip Lists containing the names and addresses of the party members with their vehicle registration details etc. This will greatly assist Police Search and Rescue. The Club Officer can then contact the Police directly. Concerned people should keep trying different numbers until they actually contact a Club Officer (DO NOT LEAVE MESSAGES).

We recommend you start with Jonathan Carr, 022 034 4608. Then try the Club Captain, then the Gear Custodian, then the Presidents, then the Trip Organisers, then Hut Convenor, then any other club officer – if no contact can be made then the Police. Club officer phone numbers can be found on the list of Club Officers, and on the back of the newsletter.

Members (particularly Trip Leaders) please discuss this arrangement with your loved ones so they are aware of this procedure